1. The O.T.O. is a body of initiates in whose hands are concentrated the wisdom and the knowledge of the following bodies:
1. The Gnostic Catholic Church.
2. The Order of the Knights of the Holy Ghost.
3. The Order of the Illuminati.
4. The Order of the Temple (Knights Templar).
5. The Order of the Knights of St. John.
6. The Order of the Knights of Malta.
7. The Order of the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre.
8. The Hidden Church of the Holy Graal.
9. The Hermetic Brotherhood of Light.
10. The Holy Order of Rose Croix of Heredom.
11. The Order of the Holy Royal Arch of Enoch.
12. The Antient and Primitive Rite of Masonry (33 degrees).
13. The Rite of Memphis (97 degrees).
14. The Rite of Mizraim (90 degrees).
15. The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Masonry (33 degrees).
16. The Swedenborgian Rite of Masonry.
17. The Order of the Martinists.
18. The Order of the Sat Bhai, and many other orders of equal merit, if of less fame.
It does not include the A.-.A.-., with which august body it is, however, in close alliance.
It does not in any way infringe thejust privileges of duly authorized Masonic Bodies.
2. The dispersion of the original secret wisdom having led to confusion, it was determined by the Chiefs of all these Orders to recombine and centralize their activities, even as white light, divided in a prism, may be recomposed.
It embodies the whole of the secret knowledge of all Oriental Orders; and its chiefs are initiates of the highest rank, and recognized as such by all capable of such recognition in every country in the world.
In more remote times, the constituent originating assemblies of the O.T.O. included such men as:
Christian Rosenkreutz Ulrich von Hutten Paracelsus Michael Maier Jakob Boehme Francis Bacon
Carolus Magnus William of Schyren Frederick of Hohenstaufen Roger Bacon
Jacobus Burgundus Molensis
Melchizedek Khem Menthu Johannes Dee Sir Edward Kelly
Robertus de Fluctibus
Thos. Vaughan Elias Ashmole Comte de Chazal Sigismund Bacstrom Molinos
Wolfgang von Goethe Sir Richard Payne Knight Sir Richard Francis Burton Forlong Dux Ludovicus Rex Bavariae Richard Wagner Ludwig von Fischer
Friedrich Nietzsche Hargrave Jennings Karl Kellner Eliphas Lévi Franz Hartmann Cardinal Rampolla Papus (Dr. Encausse)
The names of women members are never divulged.
It is not lawful here to disclose the name of any living chief.
It was Karl Kellner who revived the exoteric organization of the O.T.O. and initiated the plan now happily complete of bringing all occult bodies again under one governance.
The letters O.T.O. represent the words Ordo Templi Orientis (Order of the Temple of the Orient, or Oriental Templars), but they have also a secret meaning for initiates.
3. The Order is international, and has existing branches in every civilized country of the world.
4. The aims of the O.T.O. can only be understood fully by its highest initiates; but it may be said openly that it teaches Hermetic Science or Occult Knowledge, the Pure and Holy Magick of Light, the Secrets of Mystic attainment, Yoga of all forms, Gnana Yoga, Raja Yoga, Bhakta Yoga and Hatha Yoga, and all other branches of the secret Wisdom of the Ancients.
In its bosom repose the Great Mysteries; its brain has resolved all the problems of philosophy and of life.
It possesses the secret of the Stone of the Wise, of the Elixir of Immortality, and of the Universal Medicine.
Moreover, it possesses a Secret capable of realizing the world-old dream of the Brotherhood of Man.
It also possesses in every important centre of population a hidden Retreat (Collegium ad
Spiritum Sanctum) where members may conceal themselves in order to pursue the Great Work without hindrance.
These houses are secret fortresses of Truth, Light, Power and Love, and their position is only disclosed under an oath of secrecy to those entitled to make use of them.
They are also temples of true worship, specially consecrated by Nature to bring out of a man all that is best in him.
5. The authority of the O.T.O. is concentrated in the O.H.O. (Outer Head of the Order), or Frater Superior. The name of the person occupying this office is never disclosed except to his immediate representatives.
6. The Authority of the O.H.O. in all English-speaking countries is delegated by charter to the Most Holy, Most Illustrious, Most Illuminated, and Most Puissant Baphomet X° Rex Summus Sanctissimus 33°, 90°, 96°, Past Grand Master of the United States of America, Grand Master of Ireland, Iona, and All the Britains, Grand Master of the Knights of the Holy Ghost, Sovereign Grand Commander of the Order of the Temple, Most Wise Sovereign of the Order of the Rosy Cross, Grand Zerubbabel of the Order of the Holy Royal Arch of Enoch, etc. etc. etc., National Grand Master General ad vitam of the O.T.O.
7. The National Grand Master General ad vitam is assisted by two principal officers, the Grand Treasurer General and the Grand Secretary General.
There are many other officers, but they do not concern those to whom the present manifesto is addressed.
8. The whole of the Knowledge dispersed among the bodies mentioned in paragraph 2 has been sifted and concentrated in the following degrees.
Was this article helpful?
Is Your Work Pressure Building Up And The 'Stress Meter' Going Up? Not Able To Find Time To Relax? Desperately Looking For Ways To Calm Your Body, Mind, And Soul And Rejuvenate Your Entire Being? Fret Not! Finally! Discover Some Little-Known, But Highly Effective And Time-Proven Tips And Tricks To Help You Learn YogaTackle Any Stressful Situation, And Keep Yourself Grounded, Relaxed And Poised Start Smiling, You Are Now Safe With Yoga!